Visit the Pennant Hills Public School P&C website at this link: http://www.phpspandc.org.au
P & C Meetings
When: The first Tuesday of every month, except for school holidays
Where: School Hall, K-2 site, Trebor Road
Meetings in 2017 will take place on:
Tuesday 7 February 2017
Tuesday 7 March 2017
Tuesday 4 April 2017
Tuesday 9 May 2017
Tuesday 6 June 2017
Tuesday 8 August 2017
Tuesday 5 September 2017
Tuesday 7 November 2017
Tuesday 5 December 2017
Contact: P&C President: firstname.lastname@example.org
The P&C (Parents and Citizens Association) works in partnership with the school to support and advance the teaching learning programs and resources available to the children. It is a forum for all teachers, parents and guardians and community members to be involved.
We are fortunate to have a school that is open to and values the input of parents. We are fortunate to have a community that shows such enthusiasm, support and interest in the school and the educational journey of their children.
The purpose of the P & C is to:
- encourage participation in school activities;
- promote communication with all members of the school community;
- contribute to the determination of broad school policy in relation to the aims of the school, educational priorities and needs, student welfare, discipline and community involvement; and
- help provide resources over and above those provided by the Department of Education and Communities (DEC).
Each year the P 7 C contributes financially to the school. In 2011, payments to the school totalled $39,000.00 and were used to provide a Learning Assistance teacher for two days per week and to supplement the reading recovery program.
How the P & C helps the school community:
- runs the Uniform Shop. Any profits made are donated back to the P & C.
- runs the school canteen
- supports the Band and Strings Programs
- supports the school with maintaining and enhancing the grounds of the school
- fundraises to support the school and fund capital works not funded by the DEC.
The major fundraising event of the year is the annual school fete held in May.
The P & C also funds major capital works. The following items have been purchased for the school by the P & C.
- irrigation system, water tank and re-turfing of the 3 - 6 oval
- outdoor COLAs at K - 2 and 3 - 6 sites
- air conditioning in all classrooms
- new uniform shop
- fit-out of the school canteen
- play equipment
- refurbishment of the technology centre and acquisition of computers
- interactive whiteboards
- renovation of K - 2 playground area and refurbishment of play equipment